Updated: Nov 24, 2020
I love this recipe because it doesn't require any fancy pastry steps. It’s only a few ingredients and fulfills that comfort food craving!
2 tablespoons olive oil
4-5 chicken breasts (you could also use rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey)
29 oz can Veg-All Original drained
10.5 oz can Cream of Chicken
1/2 cup water
2 Pillsbury pie crusts
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add oil and chicken into a 5 quart pan. Cook and brown chicken until water has completely cooked away. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add cream of chicken and water, mix well.
3. Then add the drained can of Veg-All vegetables.
4. This pie fits perfectly in a 2 quart oven safe dish. Mine is a 9 in round. Prepare your bottom crust and poke with a fork to create air pockets. This will allow steam to escape and prevent your pie crust from sticking.
5. Pour in your pot pie filling.
6. Cover with the remaining pie crust and form a seal around the edges. Poke with a fork to create air pockets.
7. Place on a baking sheet (to prevent it from bubbling over and onto the bottom of your oven) and put in the Oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour or until the top is golden brown.
8. When you remove it from the oven, let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.